The Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) is formed according to the provisions of the The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment, by promoting gender amity among students and employees;
- Make recommendations to the management for changes/elaborations in the Rules for students in the Prospectus and the Bye-Laws, to make them gender just and to lay down procedures for the prohibition, resolution, settlement and prosecution of acts of discrimination and sexual harassment, by the students and the employees;
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment;
- Spread awareness about gender-related issues and functioning of the ICC
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Management.
Here it should be noted that according to the Supreme Court guideline Sexual harassment can be defined as “unwelcome” sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical contact and advances;
- Demand or request for sexual favours;
- Sexually colored remarks;
- Showing pornography; and
- Other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
The following is also sexual harassment and is covered by the committee:
- Unsavory remarks,
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment,
- Innuendos and taunts,
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks,
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like,
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like,
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings,
- Forcible physical touch or molestation and
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy.
The Committee shall meet as often as may be needed and appropriate.
Frequency of meeting
Twice in a year (beginning of each semester) and as and when necessary.
Names and Contact Details of concerned Members
|Sr. No.||Name of the person||Position at ICC||Contact Number||Email-id|
|1||Dr. Vinita Basantani||Presiding Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Dr. Rekha Chetwani||Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|3||Dr. Dnyaneshwar Shirode||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|