The College follows Formative and Summative Assessment approaches as a mechanism of internal assessment.
Refers to a wide variety of methods that teachers use to conduct in-process evaluations of student comprehension, learning needs, and academic progress during a lesson, unit, or course.
It is part of the instructional process which is done by the faculty concerned in their respective subjects to monitor student learning and to provide ongoing feedback to improve their teaching.
Formative evaluation: is done throughout the academic year as a continuous process and includes:
- Objective Tests
- Home Assignments
- Case study
- Descriptive Tests
- Role Plays
evaluates student learning, knowledge, proficiency, or success at the conclusion of a unit, course, or program. Summative assessment can be used to great effect in conjunction and alignment with formative assessment.
The main objective of summative assessment is to evaluate student learning at regular intervals by conducting Continuous Internal Assessment Tests, Term end Examinations, Classroom assessment and Projects, Viva- Voce and Practical’s.
Academic performance of students is evaluated both by Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) and University Annual and Semester Examinations.
The following is the ratio of marks allotted for Internal and University Examinations.
For the Under graduates University follows 70:30 pattern i.e. University examination assessment for 70 % and internal assessment 30 %. For the subjects where Practical is compulsory, the pattern is 60:20:20.
For Post Graduate Examination, Credit based grade system is implemented from the year 2013-14. As per the University guidelines examination assessment is 50% and internal assessment is 50%.
Components of internal assessments for UG
|1||Internal theory test per semester||20|
|2||Project / Practical viva (for specific subjects)||20|
For PG students’ continuous assessment, through the credit based system, following components are adopted for each subject with the following weight age (Semester-wise): 2013 pattern.
|Sr. No.||Components||Relevant Development Aspect||Marks|
|1||Internal Examination||Independent learning||20|
|2||Class tests||Independent learning||10|
|3||Assignments (2)||Independent learning||10|
|4||PPT / group discussions / case study / mini research||Communication / Research skills / Behavioral aspect||10|
Examination Committee meetings are held to plan the examination schedule and other relevant measures are implemented for smooth conduct of examination. Whenever University initiates any change, meetings are held and all the teachers are familiarized with the change. The same is later communicated to the students in class rooms. Circulars/notices are put up on the notice board.
- .Two sets of Question papers are submitted by the paper setters in a sealed envelope to the CEO. Any one set is selected on a random basis.
- Internal question papers are printed in-house.
- Internal tests and examinations are conducted for both UG & PG courses and their marks are displayed on the notice board.
- Students can apply for photocopy of answer sheets. To ensure transparency of the evaluation process, the marks allotted are displayed on the Notice Board. Internal Marks are calculated on the basis of the marks secured in the tests, seminars/ assignments, classroom performance. There is no internal minimum and the candidate has to secure 40% to pass in UG and 50% pass in PG.
- The test papers of both theory and practical are distributed to the students on request. The students shall go through the answer script, check and acknowledge the marks secured and return the paper to the faculty concerned. These papers are preserved in the departments till the completion of the student’s course of study.
For Information regarding University Examination: http://exam.unipune.ac.in/
Redressal of Grievances at College Level
- General Grievances: These are the grievances related to filling of the examination form, selection of optional subject, PRN, Eligibility, Mistake in name, etc. Issues related to technical aspect are dealt by the office person who looks after examination work.
- Specific Grievances: These are the grievances related to the examination. Missing marks, marked absent, verification and revaluation, etc.
In such case following procedure is followed:
- Students have to approach CEO.
- Students have to submit application to CEO.
- CEO will consult with respective head of the department and teachers.
- After taking opinion from HOD and teachers the grievance will be solved and the student will be informed.
- Accordingly necessary document will be provided to the student.
The process is completely transparent.
(Request for Redressal for Grievance in Examinations)
Redressal of grievances at University leve
The queries or grievances related to results, correction in mark sheets or other certificates issued by Savitribai Phule Pune University are handled by College Examination Officer.
After the results are declared by the university, for grievance if any the students contact the college examination officer and explain the case.
Applications regarding these are collected from students and are forwarded to the University along with the letter from the principal. CEO monitors the progress of such cases so that students get their grievance redressed as early as possible.
Regarding revaluation and verification of papers, the application is collected according to the prescribed fee from the students and then forwarded to University. After getting feedback from University it is the revised mark sheet is issued to the student immediately.