Jai Hind Sindhu Education Trust was formerly known as Poona Displaced Persons’ Relief Committee. Mrs. Kaushalya Sangtani was the chairperson of the trust since its inception, followed by Mrs. Savita Jagtiani. Late Mr. Atur Sangtani, a doyen of construction industry, philanthropist and well-known social worker was the source of inspiration. At present, the Trust is functioning under her able guidance of Mrs. Nalini Gera.
At present, three institutes are functioning under the ambit of the trust:
1. Jai Hind Primary School
2. Jai Hind High School and Junior College, and
3. Manghanmal Udharam College of Commerce
Manghanmal Udharam College of Commerce, formerly known as Jai Hind College of Commerce was sponsored and established by the Jai Hind Sindhu Education Trust, formerly known as Poona Displaced Persons’ Relief Committee.
The college was established as a single faculty commerce college in 1983 and acquired a Permanent Affiliation status from the University of Pune in the year 1994 with a Permanent Registration Number ID: PU/PN/C/045/. The college enjoys Sindhi Linguistic Minority status since its inception.
The college has been imparting quality commerce education to the students for forty years. A single faculty commerce college, the college offers 2 undergraduate programs i.e. B.Com. and BBA and 1 postgraduate program, i.e. M. Com. through English medium.
VISION & MISSION
To become a center of excellence in commerce and management and entrepreneurship aimed at generating knowledge.
Creating intellectually and morally endowed global citizens by providing quality education to the students of all strata of society.
- To support a liberal and progressive outlook among students and teachers.
- To create a learning environment to equip students to succeed in the competitive world.
- To provide employment opportunities through collaboration with Industry.
- To promote the holistic development of students and teachers and encourage social outreach.